Search This Blog

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Simply Heavenly and Genki

I'm a day late posting because i was hoping to have my latest creation finished. I was inspired by one of my favorite songs. Genki Rockets- Heavenly Star. I recently watched the video again and couldn't get the colors out of my head. So i went to my local yarn shop and  picked up some sky blue yarn. Nothing special about the pattern. Just a simple stockinette stitch all the way through. Instead of cabling the entire purse (like i do) i added a large crochet star. Added a faux leather strap instead of the usual wooden handles. My Mom was kind enough to add a zipper for me (yeah, i suck at zippers). Unfortunately it is not finished yet, but hopefully it will be done soon. You will be the first to know! in the meantime, here is the video for the inspiration of the new design, maybe it will inspire you too!

UPDATE: The purse is done! Thanks Mom!

UPDATE: I hate the feeling that something is missing and i don't know what it is. i thought maybe it was the star on the front, so i changed it so it didn't look so sloppy. I added a crochet 6 point star. Now i think i may hate it even more, because now it looks like a snowflake instead of a star. I'm thinking about sacrificing it to the yarn gods by lighting it on fire. i honestly don't know what to do to this project to make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment