Search This Blog

Saturday, June 4, 2011

There's no place like home

Well, I survived my first Tornado! And crapped my pants too!
This past Wednesday, a Tornado landed in West Springfield, moved across the CT River and destroyed parts of Downtown Springfield. Another Tornado (or it might have been the same one) landed in other parts of Mass (Westfield, Monson, Wilbraham, Brimfield)
I wasn't outside to see the Tornado go right by my workplace but i saw the video and that was enough to freak me out. Everyone was ordered into the basement for cover since the weather was still suspicious of another tornado on the way.

You can see my office around the 1:38 mark.

Click here to go to the Western Mass Tornado Relief Facebook page. You'll find information on how to help others and also get aid if you have been effected.

Your free pattern for this week is Wizard of Oz themed. Very cute Mary Jane Slippers from CreativeKnittingMagazine.com. Knit them in Red and you'll have Dorothy's Ruby Red Slippers! Or if you are more on the witchy side... here is a free pattern for striped Mary Jane Slippers from Craftbits.com

I apologize to those you might find by this post offensive but i feel that sometimes a bad situation needs to lifted with laughter. And that is what I am trying to do here.

No comments:

Post a Comment